Friday, May 13, 2011

Cartoon Brew Article and Gobelins!

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while, but I've had a very busy month! I just completed my thesis film, and graduated from college last weekend! Now that my schedule has been freed up, I plan on applying for work, and drawing a lot more!

Anyway, I got a message last night from my good friend, Christina Manrique (http://itsakiki.blogspot.com/) informing me that we were mentioned in an article on Cartoon Brew! (http://www.cartoonbrew.com/student/inner-city-animator-wins-gobelins-scholarship.html). I was aware of the article, but I was unsure whether or not it would go up (especially as fast as it did!). I am grateful for Cartoon Brew for posting my story, and the help of, Teri Bond, who was a major help in making this possible!

Most of our friends already know, but we both got accepted into the summer character animation program at Gobelins! I am truly honored to have the privilege of studying at such a prestigious school! This trip will be a major experience for me as an up-and-coming professional animator, and I can't wait to go to Paris, France in July!


None of this would have been possible without the help of all the people who believe in my abilities, and contributed greatly to my growth over the past four years at LMU. Thank you to all of my family and friends for their support!

No comments:

Post a Comment