Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Here's a little gift I made for my mom, which actually didn't turn out quite how I planned. I knew I was going to draw her a card featuring a cartoon version of her favorite dog, Boo, but I didn't quite know how I was going to present it.

So as I was going to print it out this morning, I realized that I didn't have any card stock, or any other sturdy paper to print it out on. I knew that if I printed out on just basic printer paper, it would be hard to take care of, and I wanted it to last for a while. I had no choice but to print it out on the regular paper, but then I decided to get a little creative. I found an old sketchbook of mine, and cut out a piece of cardboard from the  back of it, took some glue, and wrapped it around the cardboard. So then at least it was on something that was sturdy enough.

But then I noticed that it just laid flat, and I wanted my mom to be able to look at it without having to lift it up too look at it. Also, I accidentally did a sloppy job of gluing the bottom part of it, and I didn't want her to see that! lol So then I noticed that I had this old desk calendar from 2010 next to my computer, and noticed how it was propped up a piece of folded, white cardboard. Since I obviously had no use for the calendar, I cut out the back part of it, and then glued that to the back of the card to prop it up! PRESTO! LOL

Ugghhh..... Doing this reminded me of when I was a little kid, and would do paper craft projects like this as gifts, but obviously not nearly as crappy! At least the card drawing came out pretty okay. Wish I would have also had money to buy my mom a steak dinner from Sizzler, or something, but since I'm low on funds, this is the best I could do for now. LOL She absolutely loved it, at least! And I loved that it made her really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment